CMO / Marketing Lead
About Nobody Studios
Nobody Studios is a rebel venture studio building 100 compelling companies in 5 years.
We believe the venture vehicle has the capacity to create a massive, positive impact in the world – which is why we’re building businesses faster and more efficiently than ever before.
So how do we manage? We do three things differently:
- All business ideas are vetted through a process called Frugressive (frugal & aggressive), in which our companies are launched for under $250,000.
- Because the Studio owns ~70% of each company, we have the superpowers to kill, pause, merge, or split companies – meaning we don’t waste funds on ideas that aren’t working.
- We are Crowd Infused™, a high-velocity company creation machine that brings together creators, entrepreneurs, and investors to build businesses that shape a more vibrant, human, and equitable future.
And as far as we know, we are the first venture studio to raise capital through equity crowdfunding because we believe in the power of people.
We’re inclusive, collaborative, and focused on collective benefit throughout our community of Nobodies and in every market our companies touch.
Become part of our Crowd of Nobodies and let’s change the world together!
The Marketing Lead will be responsible for building and leading the Marketing arm of Nobody Studios. In this role, the Lead will work cross-functionally to develop the end-to-end marketing and brand strategies for Nobody Studios and its current and future Newco subsidiaries. They will be responsible for driving the strategy and execution of all marketing and Influencer initiatives and will ensure the launch of multiple companies and products every year.
- Lead all aspects of the company’s global marketing initiative, Newco persona development, corporate and Newco specific communications, social media, media relations, events, insights, and analytics.
- Develop an overreaching and scalable innovative marketing strategy to drive rapid awareness of Nobody Studios and adoption of multiple Newcos.
- Formulate marketing strategy aligned to the company and individual Newco strategies.
- Develop talent, hire well, and scale the team to meet aggressive investment and ROI-driven goals.
- Manage the marketing budget(s) and ROI-related KPIs.
- Exercise a data-centric approach to gather customer/user insights and improve marketing results based on such insights.
- Collaborate closely with executives across multiple companies to achieve the overall vision and goals.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to understand the investor and customer journey and build out the related content and tactics to ensure rapid awareness and growth.
- Oversee the strategy and execution for corporate communications, including internal communications, public relations, analyst relations and social media.
- Oversee development of and ensure consistent and flawless execution of the integrated marketing campaigns across all customer touch-points.
- Interface regularly with other executive leadership team members, provide frequent input regarding changes in the marketplace’s emerging customer needs, and regularly contribute to strategy discussions related to products, innovation, and new business.
- Oversee the community management team and guide the community management strategy for Nobody Studios and all respective Newcos.
What Success Looks Like
- Build and lead a world-class marketing organization that executes cutting edge marketing strategy that results in global brand recognition
- Newcos are launched and supported with innovative marketing support and speed you never thought possible before Nobody!
- Expert in digital and social media marketing strategies, generating awareness and demand through the entire marketing mix across all media.
- A demonstrated track record of success and performance with measurable KPIs.
- Experience in delivering Marketing campaigns across multiple demographics and countries.
- Experience with start-ups or early-stage ventures and a proven track record of scaling a company are highly desired.
- Proven success and results with limited resources⎯, people, money, time.
- Experience recruiting, hiring, managing, developing, motivating and directing team members. This ability extends to external relationships, too, with key Agency partners.
- Proven success delivering results with limited resources, people, money and time.
- Innovative and creative thinking
- Complex problem-solving and hands-on ability.
- Organized and attention-to-detail approach and strong, tactical execution.
- Highly resourceful (stretches people and money; compresses time)
- Collaborative (works with peers across many functionalities within the company)
- Excellent communication skills, ability to cut through the noise to distill complex issues clearly and simply, along with the ability to dive into sophisticated details when needed.
- Experience and passion for working with complexity, specifically different verticals with different maturity stages and addressable markets.
- Technology savvy- ability to use leading-edge technology effectively manage and communicate business performance.
- A team player and coach with the ability to be both a leader and hands-on ‘doer.’
You’ll Be Perfect For This Role If….
- You are savvy with multi-generational marketing strategies
- You possess an entrepreneurial and innovative mindset, out of the box thinker
- You want to work remotely and are comfortable with asynchronous communication and collaboration with people worldwide.
- You want to be part of a community of highly motivated, passionate and talented individuals.
- You are a result-oriented, multi-tasking expert, able to drive multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- You value excellence, not perfection. Can apply critical thinking and creative doing—that means both, not one or the other.
- You’re fascinated by human behavior, what makes people tick, and understanding the “why” of people and what they do.
- You thrive on a fast-paced entrepreneurial spirit and start-up aficionado
- You are naturally flexible, adaptable, and possess a strong work ethic
- You have an inclusive mindset, perform with the highest level of integrity and trust
- You are curious and a lifelong learner
This Is Not For You If….
- You are not collaborative and willing to think outside the box or accept feedback from others.
- You need a lot of guidance, hand-holding and detailed specifications before starting.
- You want the answer given to you. Tend to ask for “more information” instead of seeking it out yourself.
- Moving faster than you ever have before with high uncertainty is not your jam.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a short video telling us how your why resonates with Nobody Studios.