Design UI/UX Lead
About Nobody Studios
Nobody Studios is a rebel venture studio building 100 compelling companies in 5 years.
We believe the venture vehicle has the capacity to create a massive, positive impact in the world – which is why we’re building businesses faster and more efficiently than ever before.
So how do we manage? We do three things differently:
- All business ideas are vetted through a process called Frugressive (frugal & aggressive), in which our companies are launched for under $250,000.
- Because the Studio owns ~70% of each company, we have the superpowers to kill, pause, merge, or split companies – meaning we don’t waste funds on ideas that aren’t working.
- We are Crowd Infused™, a high-velocity company creation machine that brings together creators, entrepreneurs, and investors to build businesses that shape a more vibrant, human, and equitable future.
And as far as we know, we are the first venture studio to raise capital through equity crowdfunding because we believe in the power of people.
We’re inclusive, collaborative, and focused on collective benefit throughout our community of Nobodies and in every market our companies touch.
Become part of our Crowd of Nobodies and let’s change the world together!
As a Design / UX Lead you will be responsible for leading design for new companies we seek to create at Nobody Studios.
In this role, you will work cross-functionally to develop the end-to-end product and brand strategies for current and future newcos incubated at Nobody Studios.
The expectations of your responsibilities and vision of success to ensure the launch of multiple companies and products every year are detailed below;
- As the designer in the team, you work closely and collaborate with the Product Lead and the rest of the team through all the phases of our Frugressive™ product development process from idea to market, including ideation, hypothesis validation, research, prototyping, launch and scaling.
- Develop design solutions from ideation to execution, including definition and scoping of new products.
- Talk to customers, validate concepts and have deep empathy for the people we want to help with the company we are creating.
- Deliver high-fidelity mock-ups, wireframes and assets for new products and services.
- Develop compelling and engaging new brands and visual identities that capture the uniqueness of the companies we create.
- Collaborate with a diverse team of visionaries, seasoned entrepreneurs, rebel creatives, master technicians to shape and bring new ideas to life.
- Lead and contribute to the weekly team working sessions to tackle problems, define solutions and make progress on your assigned tasks.
- Actively engage with team members and Nobodies via our collaboration tools.
- Join weekly team showcases and broader company events as appropriate.
- Champion Nobody Studios in the market, share our mission, live our values and bring more Nobodies to our community.
What Success Looks Like
- Capturing complex design ideas and concepts then communicating them in simplified terms to our co-founders, teams, and partners.
- Build and launch multiple new companies with amazing user experiences at speed you never thought possible before Nobody!
- You are exceptionally collaborative in your design process. You are able to share your work as you go, get feedback and continuously iterate.
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with multiple collaborators and teams. We promise you will never get bored.
- You are intrigued by the ambiguity of playing with new ideas, and you can bring in the value and effort it takes to help the team navigate it.
- You are flexible at covering all design aspects, from branding to validating hypotheses, from prototyping to working with developers and business stakeholders.
- We don’t expect you to be a ninja at all of this. We want you to be open to contributing to all the phases of building a new company.
You’ll Be Perfect For This Role If….
- Your favorite phase of the product development process is to bring bold ideas to market.
- You are curious and a lifelong learner.
- You want to work remotely and are comfortable with asynchronous communication and collaboration with people worldwide.
- You are a designer with the spirit of an entrepreneur.
- You want to be part of a community of highly motivated, passionate and talented individuals.
- You value excellence, not perfection. Can apply critical thinking and creative doing—that means both, not one or the other.
- You’re fascinated by human behavior, what makes people tick, and understanding the “why” of people and what they do.
This Is Not For You If….
- You want to learn how to do User Experience & Product Design or gain work experience.
- You need a lot of guidance, hand-holding and detailed specifications before starting. Yes, you’ll have assignments, tasks and deliverables, yet they won’t be written out for you—we expect you’ll identify what needs to be done and get to it.
- You want the answer given to you. Tend to ask for “more information” instead of seeking it out yourself.
- Moving faster than you ever have before with high uncertainty is not your jam.
- Believe in doing what you’ve always done based on your fixed processes and aren’t willing to recalculate on the fly to find a way forward.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- your resume
- a link to your portfolio
- a short video telling us “how your why” resonates with Nobody Studios.