About Nobody Studios
Nobody Studios is a rebel venture studio building 100 compelling companies in 5 years.
We believe the venture vehicle has the capacity to create a massive, positive impact in the world – which is why we’re building businesses faster and more efficiently than ever before.
So how do we manage? We do three things differently:
- All business ideas are vetted through a process called Frugressive (frugal & aggressive), in which our companies are launched for under $250,000.
- Because the Studio owns ~70% of each company, we have the superpowers to kill, pause, merge, or split companies – meaning we don’t waste funds on ideas that aren’t working.
- We are Crowd Infused™, a high-velocity company creation machine that brings together creators, entrepreneurs, and investors to build businesses that shape a more vibrant, human, and equitable future.
And as far as we know, we are the first venture studio to raise capital through equity crowdfunding because we believe in the power of people.
We’re inclusive, collaborative, and focused on collective benefit throughout our community of Nobodies and in every market our companies touch.
Become part of our Crowd of Nobodies and let’s change the world together!
As a Product Lead will be responsible for leading product management and strategy for new companies we seek to create at Nobody Studios.
In this role, you will work cross-functionally to develop the end-to-end product and business strategies for current and future newcos incubated at Nobody Studios.
The expectations of your responsibilities and vision of success to ensure the launch of multiple companies and products every year is detailed below;
- As the product leader in the team, you will own and lead the team through all the phases of our Frugressive™ product development process from idea to market including ideation, hypothesis validation, research, prototyping, launch and scaling.
- Work directly with the founders and company leaders to understand and shape company vision, missions, values and goals.
- Own the product strategy and execution to drive outcomes, growth and engagement.
- Develop a deep understanding for the business we are creating from a customer, technical, operations, business and design perspective; use that understanding to bring high-impact opportunities to the product roadmap.
- Prioritize many competing alternatives and plans, balance customer needs with business priorities, and articulate the rationale behind decisions
- Ensure that the product team is structured and staff to the needs of the business.
- Motivate the whole team to be involved in the product development process; encourage others to step up but show them the way.
- Collaborate with a diverse team of visionaries, seasoned entrepreneurs, rebel creatives, master technicians to shape and bring new ideas to life.
- Lead and contribute to weekly team working sessions to tackle problems, define solutions and make progress on your assigned tasks.
- Actively engage with team members and Nobodies via our collaboration tools.
- Join weekly team showcases and wider company events as appropriate
- Champion Nobody Studios in the market, share our mission, live our values and bring more Nobodies to our community.
What Success Looks Like
- You create a fast-paced environment that has little technical debt and utilizes the latest technologies in app development.
- Develop innovative, user-friendly applications around compelling customer experiences.
- Uphold high standards for code quality, test coverage, and platform stability.
- Make improvements to developer productivity through process and technology improvements and mentorship.
- Build and launch multiple new companies with remarkable technologies at speed you never thought possible before Nobody!
- You are exceptionally collaborative in your design process. You can share your work as you go, get feedback and continuously iterate.
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with multiple collaborators and teams. We promise you will never get bored.
- You are intrigued by the ambiguity of playing with new ideas, and you can bring in the value and effort it takes to help the team navigate it.
- You are flexible at covering all design aspects, from branding to validating hypotheses, from independent prototyping to working with development teams and business stakeholders. We don’t expect you to be a ninja at all of this. We want you to contribute to all the phases of building a new company.
You’ll Be Perfect For This Role If….
- Your favorite phase of the product development process is to bring bold ideas to market.
- You are curious and a lifelong learner.
- You want to work remotely; you are comfortable with asynchronous communication and collaboration with people worldwide.
- You are a technology leader with the spirit of an entrepreneur.
- You want to be part of a community of highly motivated, passionate and talented individuals.
- You value excellence, not perfection. Can apply critical thinking and creative doing—that means both, not one or the other.
- You’re fascinated by human behavior, what makes people tick, and understanding the “why” of people and what they do.
This Role Is Not For You If….
- You want to learn how to do Technology and Product Design or gain work experience.
- You need a lot of guidance, hand-holding and detailed specifications before starting. Yes, you’ll have assignments, tasks and deliverables, yet they won’t be written out for you—we expect you’ll identify what needs to be done and get to it.
- You want the answer given to you. Tend to ask for “more information” instead of seeking it out yourself.
- Moving faster than you ever have before with high uncertainty is not your jam.
- Believe in doing what you’ve always done based on your fixed processes and aren’t willing to recalculate on the fly to find a way forward.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please email email@example.com with your resume and a short video telling us how your why resonates with Nobody Studios.