UI/UX Design Lead
a Nobody Studios company
ThoughtForma is carving out the niche of ‘intelligent no-code’ (iNoCode) to compete in a rapidly expanding technology space.
Traditional IT costs too much, takes too long to deliver and requires skills that are in too short supply.
The Low-code/No-code movement has emerged in response to this problem, but existing tools fail to address a critical part of the puzzle – the technical know-how necessary to deliver a successful production-grade digital product.
ThoughtForma is different. The platform delivers a holistic ‘intelligence’-based approach to no-code application development – guiding people across this knowledge gap quickly and easily. Allowing people to bring their ideas to life in moments – giving power to everyday individuals to follow their entrepreneurial ambitions.
ThoughtForma is a portfolio company of Nobody Studios, a venture studio with the goal to launch 100 compelling companies over the next 5 years.
Read more about the partnership and the platform:
About Nobody Studios
Nobody Studios is a rebel venture studio building 100 compelling companies in 5 years.
We believe the venture vehicle has the capacity to create a massive, positive impact in the world – which is why we’re building businesses faster and more efficiently than ever before.
So how do we manage? We do three things differently:
- All business ideas are vetted through a process called Frugressive (frugal & aggressive), in which our companies are launched for under $250,000.
- Because the Studio owns ~70% of each company, we have the superpowers to kill, pause, merge, or split companies – meaning we don’t waste funds on ideas that aren’t working.
- We are Crowd Infused™, a high-velocity company creation machine that brings together creators, entrepreneurs, and investors to build businesses that shape a more vibrant, human, and equitable future.
And as far as we know, we are the first venture studio to raise capital through equity crowdfunding because we believe in the power of people.
We’re inclusive, collaborative, and focused on collective benefit throughout our community of Nobodies and in every market our companies touch.
Become part of our Crowd of Nobodies and let’s change the world together!
As a UI/UX Design Lead you will be responsible for leading the UI/UX design efforts for ThoughtForma to transform our offering into the most intuitive, easy-to-use no-code platform in the market.
In this role, you will work cross-functionally to design functional and appealing features for an innovative technology as it progresses through various stages of launch towards ‘General Availability’ (GA).
The expectations of your responsibilities and vision of success to ensure the GA launch of ThoughtForma;
- Working closely and collaborating with the Product Lead, the developers and the rest of the team through all the phases of our Frugressive™ product development process from idea to market, including ideation, hypothesis validation, research, prototyping, launch and scaling.
- Talking to customers, validating concepts and having deep empathy for the people we want to reach and help via ThoughtForma. Building meaningful relationships with representative customers is a key aspect of this role.
- Gathering and evaluating user requirements in collaboration with product managers and developers.
- Simplifying complex workflows and creating an intuitive user interface that reduces the need to reference the product documentation.
- Creating novel designs for a no-code editor/platform – focussing on the best user experience and eye-catching intuitive UI.
- Developing UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how features should look and function.
- Identifying and troubleshooting UX issues.
- Participating in brainstorming sessions with the product team to establish the most suitable solutions for each use case.
- Working closely with the Product Lead to incorporate user feedback into designs to improve usability and overall user experience.
- Collaborating with a diverse team of visionaries, seasoned entrepreneurs, rebel creatives, master technicians to shape and bring new ideas to life.
- Leading and contributing to the weekly team working sessions to tackle problems, define solutions and make progress on your assigned tasks.
- Actively engaging with team members and Nobodies via our collaboration tools.
What Success Looks Like
- Capturing complex design ideas and concepts, and then communicating them in simplified terms to our co-founders, teams, and partners.
- Overhauling the UX/UI and providing the optimum user experience for a revolutionary product that is defining a new category in the no-code space.
- Understanding community-building and how to empower a wider community (an ecosystem centered around ThoughtForma) to engage and contribute towards creating and improving product features, services and offerings.
- Championing open innovation platforms, 3rd-party integrations and support for ThoughtForma as a service provider and its partnership ecosystem.
- You have designed UI/UX for Software-as-a-Service products to address customer needs, and exceed the expectations of user experience.
- You have experience of using prototyping tools like Figma or Adobe XD, etc.
- You have good knowledge of design systems, such as Material Design, etc.
- You are exceptionally collaborative in your design process. You are able to share your work as you go, get feedback and continuously iterate.
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with multiple collaborators and teams. We promise you will never get bored!
- You are intrigued by the ambiguity of playing with new ideas.
- You are flexible at covering all UI/UX design aspects from validating hypotheses to prototyping and working with developers and business stakeholders.
- We don’t expect you to be a ninja at all of this. We want you to be open to contributing to all the phases of building a new company.
You’ll Be Perfect For This Role If….
- Your favorite phase of the product development process is to bring bold ideas to market.
- You are curious and a lifelong learner.
- You want to work remotely and are comfortable with asynchronous communication and collaboration with people worldwide.
- You are a UI/UX designer with the spirit of an entrepreneur.
- You want to be part of a community of highly motivated, passionate and talented individuals.
- You value excellence, not perfection.
- You can apply critical thinking and creative doing—that means both, not one or the other.
- You are fascinated by human behavior, what makes people tick, and understanding the “why” of people and what they do.
This Is Not For You If….
- You want to learn how to do User Experience & Product Design or gain work experience.
- You need a lot of guidance, support and detailed specifications before starting. Yes, you’ll have assignments, tasks and deliverables, yet they won’t be written out for you—we expect you’ll identify what needs to be done and get to it.
- You want the answer given to you or tend to ask for “more information” instead of seeking it out yourself.
- Moving faster than you ever have before with high uncertainty is not your jam.
- You believe in doing what you’ve always done based on your fixed processes and aren’t willing to recalculate on the fly to find a way forward.
To be considered for this position, please email email@example.com with the following:
- your resume/CV
- a link to your portfolio or website
- a short video telling us “how your Why” resonates with ThoughtForma and Nobody Studios and how you will succeed in this role.