Technical Content Writer
a Nobody Studios company
ThoughtForma is carving out the niche of ‘intelligent no-code’ (iNoCode) to compete in a rapidly expanding technology space.
Traditional IT costs too much, takes too long to deliver and requires skills that are in too short supply.
The Low-code/No-code movement has emerged in response to this problem, but existing tools fail to address a critical part of the puzzle – the technical know-how necessary to deliver a successful production-grade digital product.
ThoughtForma is different. The platform delivers a holistic ‘intelligence’-based approach to no-code application development – guiding people across this knowledge gap quickly and easily.
ThoughtForma was introduced to Nobody Studios in the summer of 2021. The synergies were immediate, and the symbiotic relationship was quick to develop. In May 2022, Nobody Studios acquired ThoughtForma – a date that marks the first acquisition for the Studio and solidified a prominent building block in the Studio’s infrastructure.
Read more about the partnership and the platform:
About Nobody Studios
Nobody Studios is a rebel venture studio building 100 compelling companies in 5 years.
We believe the venture vehicle has the capacity to create a massive, positive impact in the world – which is why we’re building businesses faster and more efficiently than ever before.
So how do we manage? We do three things differently:
- All business ideas are vetted through a process called Frugressive (frugal & aggressive), in which our companies are launched for under $250,000.
- Because the Studio owns ~70% of each company, we have the superpowers to kill, pause, merge, or split companies – meaning we don’t waste funds on ideas that aren’t working.
- We are Crowd Infused™, a high-velocity company creation machine that brings together creators, entrepreneurs, and investors to build businesses that shape a more vibrant, human, and equitable future.
And as far as we know, we are the first venture studio to raise capital through equity crowdfunding because we believe in the power of people.
We’re inclusive, collaborative, and focused on collective benefit throughout our community of Nobodies and in every market our companies touch.
Become part of our Crowd of Nobodies and let’s change the world together!
We are looking to hire a technical content writer, with mid-to-advanced level content creation experience and a deep understanding and passion for no-code/no-code technology enabling you to create content for blogs, articles, product descriptions, social media, and the company website. This person will also have mid to-advanced level knowledge of writing for SEO, keyword analysis, analytics, and reporting and will use these skills to revise and edit content accordingly.
The content writer’s responsibilities include evaluating analytics to adjust content as needed, regularly updating the company’s website, and promoting the company blog by pitching articles to various third-party platforms. You should also be able to follow editorial guidelines when creating content.
This role will report to the ThoughtForma Marketing Lead.
The expectations of your responsibilities and vision of success to ensure the launch of multiple companies and products every year is detailed below;
- Become a brand voice of ThoughtForma creating copy and content for the website, newsletters, social media posts, bylined articles for publication, etc.
- Collaborate with the ThoughtForma founders ensuring a cohesive tone is maintained as our company and offerings continue to grow.
- Work directly with the ThoughtForma founders and marketing lead to define the content strategy.
- Craft our brand voice in a way that is always engaging, relatable, clearly defines and differentiates the ThoughtForma platform from competitors and other related platforms.
- Work cross-functionally with Leadership, Growth, and Product teams.
- Collaborate with a diverse team of visionaries, seasoned entrepreneurs, rebel creatives, master technicians to shape and bring new ideas to life.
- Lead and contribute to weekly team working sessions to tackle problems, define solutions and make progress on your assigned tasks.
- Actively engage with team members and Nobodies via our collaboration tools.
- Join weekly team showcases and wider company events as appropriate.
- Champion Nobody Studios in the market, share our mission, live our values and bring more Nobodies to our community.
What Success Looks Like
- Know how to use a variety of writing and publishing programs, such as Microsoft Office, G Suite, and WordPress.
- Have a strong attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure.
- Work independently and consistently to meet deadlines.
- An expert communicator with a keen ability to explain a technical issue or function in a cohesive manner with context.
- A playful skilled individual who prioritizes brevity, clarity, and technicality.
- Skilled at writing both short-form and long-form copy.
- A person with an obsessive attention to detail who delivers flawless copy from headlines to body copy.
- A decisive but flexible collaborator who loves working on new technologies and is open to feedback.
- A strategic and conceptual thinker who can work autonomously.
- A bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communication or Creative Writing.
- Experience copywriting for a variety of platforms across print and digital a must (email, social, owned media), including larger-scale interactive projects.
You’ll Be Perfect For This Role If….
- If you enjoy creating new content that describes new technologies, explains technical functions, providing consumers and communities access to our information.
- You are curious and a lifelong learner.
- You want to work remotely; you are comfortable with asynchronous
communication and collaboration with people worldwide.
- You are a technology pioneer with the spirit of an entrepreneur.
- You want to be part of a community of highly motivated, passionate and talented individuals.
- You value excellence, not perfection. Can apply critical thinking and
creative doing—that means both, not one or the other.
- You’re fascinated by human behavior, what makes people tick, and
understanding the “why” of people and what they do.
This Is Not For You If….
- You cannot turn out content quickly regarding topics that require a
detailed level of explanation.
- You need a lot of guidance, hand-holding and detailed specifications before starting. Yes, you’ll have assignments, tasks and deliverables, yet they won’t be written out for you—we expect you’ll identify what needs to be done and get to it.
- You want the answer given to you.
- Believe in doing what you’ve always done based on your fixed processes and aren’t willing to recalculate on the fly to find a way forward.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a short video telling us how your why resonates with ThoughtForma.